Mercury Retrograde December 2017
Mercury is retrograde from December 2/3, 2017 and remains retrograde until December 22, 2017. A Super Moon adorns the sky at the same time that the retrograde begins. (It’s a very full moon in Gemini.) December 16 thru 21 should be your best shopping days. Expect cancellations and delays if traveling on December 22. Jupiter is semi-square Saturn which is more cranky than pleasant. At least by December 25 the “foggy” and heavy planetary energy should pull back and a wonderful Venus in Capricorn put a Star on top of your family festivities.
Below are 10 things to do (and not do) in a Mercury Retrograde.
About Planet Mercury
Planet Mercury rules the mind, perceptions, how we express ourselves and objective sight. It has dominion over communication, trade, travel, and at present such things as the Internet and things associated with it.
Facebook and other social sites might very well have been created with a Mercury influence. In astrology books, it is described as neutral, changeable, cold, and moist.
Mercury is highly objective and a seeker of Truth. The astrological signs of Gemini and Virgo are ruled by the planet and are therefore more affected by this influence than in other signs of the Zodiac.
Mercury governs the nervous system and intellectual perception. Our ability to organize and put things in order after thinking about them also comes from this planet’s influence. It rules the power to learn and teach others.
What is a Retrograde?
All of the planets go retrograde in the Solar System, including the Sun and Moon. They don’t really move in backward motion, they appear to move backward when observing them.
Any planet retrograding has a direction of motion opposite to that of the earth on its axis or of the planets around the Sun. When a planet is retrograde, its influence can be felt much more intensely. The effect of a retrograde planet can be thought of as a reverse flow of energy from its normal action.
Some people think it is just superstition that when Mercury is in Retrograde weird things happen to your computer, cars, iPad, microwaves and other electronic devices. As a former skeptic myself, I scoffed at the idea that one stinky planet in one area of the zodiac could cause so much ruckus. However, I now add a note to my calendar to be sure to plan ahead and backup EVERYTHING that I can possibly back up in case whatever strange phenomenon this Mercury RX thing is decides to send havoc into my surroundings. I bought a car, a cellphone, and some audio equipment during a Mercury RX — every item fell apart or had to be returned a short time later. To me, it was way beyond the odds if we were betting.
Here are some things that happen during a Mercury Retrograde:
- Cancellations, delays and postponements of events
- Projects take more time and money
- Lost baggage, mixed up and cancelled flights
- Appliances, machinery, computers, cameras, electrical equipment have problems
- Banks and utility mistakes cause stress
- Contracts unwind
- Cars breakdown or have electrical problems
- Misunderstandings with friends occur
Ten things to do during Mercury Retrograde:
- Backup your hard drive prior
- Avoid downloading to your smartphone
- Plan what you will do when it is over rather than start new activities and actions
- Postpone trips until after the retrograde or take them prior to it
- Use extra means to make electronics you take with you secure: computers, camera equipment, iPad, GPS devices
- Be extra careful to secure your possessions. (Someone I know actually had his computer stolen out of his suitcase that was in the overhead bin while he was on an airplane.)
- Good time to search for long lost friends and relatives
- Postpone purchases like homes, boats, cars, computers
- Sit on the chairs at the edges of events where large crowds are expected
- Start any new projects and so forth after the retrograde
Copyright© Lindy Baker
All Rights Reserved
This article originally appeared in Fun & Fit Life magazine, Las Vegas, Nevada 2006, Dates of the retrogrades change. Copyright Lindy Baker.
Further articles and podcasts by Lindy: Growing Up Psychic Lindy
Lindy Baker, B.A., M.Ed., is a world renowned Life Skills Coach, Gifted Clairvoyant, Medium, author, Speaker, published columnist, and channel, with certifications in medical and clinical hypnotherapy and NLP.
She provides confidential clairvoyant phone readings and LIFE CHANGING coaching for clients and businesses all over the world, and is known for her accurate predictions of major events and her ability to have conversations with our loved ones who are now in the afterlife.
Phone (858) 272-6463 for an appointment. Whether your issues are relationships, business, health or focus and motivation, Lindy has the right answers for you. See lindybaker.com for testimonials, articles, podcasts and more.
Copyright (c) Lindy Baker. All Rights Reserved.